CLINIQUE Cheek Pop Review

Wednesday 21 December 2016


I feel like blushers don’t get enough credit. We just swirl our brushes into them for a good 20 seconds and make a whole mess before applying it onto our cheeks. Have you ever thought of thanking them for making you look less dead or maybe compliment them every now and then for the variety of looks you can achieve by changing the shade or even the placement of the blusher? I don’t think so because most of you take your cheek rouge for granted. And why is that? Is it because they’re not the “Windows to your soul” therefore, they don’t deserve a minute of your time like how you would go out of your way perfecting that annoying winged liner? Well guess what?

That’s completely up to you! Haha! I recently discovered the power of blushers. So this is me preaching like any new hardcore believer of something. Be prepared to hear me shove the idea of changing your entire look up with the assortment of shades of blushers available in the market or just by changing the placement of the blusher on your face, over and over again in this blog post. (Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!)

We often see people smoke up their eyes or vamp up their lips when going from a day to a date night look. If I had a life, I would do this too. And while this is completely optional, I also want to point out that I’ve seen some stranded raccoons and the ghost of Heath Ledger as Joker roaming around at night. What I’m trying to say here is that A LOT can go wrong when you’re trying to play up your eye or lip game. It’s risky! Lol not really, I’m just being annoying ✌️.

But a good alternative for beginners or lazy humans like myself, can amp up the cheek colour for a change. Depending on your agenda for the day, whether it is to look innocent (when you’re actually a promiscuous b!tch inside) or to trap a man (yes, I’m quoting Ali Wong because she’s god), a blusher can do all that. I’ll list some of my favourites as well as how I would use them for different scenarios.

08 Melon Pop

This is a satin peachy pink blusher that gives you the perfect flush without looking like you have much on, at least for my skin tone that is. The product itself is finely milled but nowhere near powdery, and this applies to the other two shades as well, which means that you can get great colour payoff without the fallout.

For that perfect "no-makeup makeup look" flush that boys love so much, this shade gives you a very natural punch of colour without scaring them away. Thus, making it the perfect blusher shade for a first date (because remember, you want to reel them in with innocence before you can show them your inner dragqueen).

03 Berry Pop

This is a satin hot pink blusher full stop. What you see in the pan is what you will get on the cheeks. The colour payoff for this blusher is a little scary but when used with a light hand, it is a great pick-me-up blusher shade that can make you look instantly fresh and awake.

I do have to say that this shade looks stunning on medium-to-darker skin tones on its own. But fret not my hot-pink-addict-albinos! You can warm your face up slightly with a touch bronzer and add this blusher shade on top for a smooth transition. I’ve also used this shade on my eyes; so if you would like to check that out, CLICK HERE to be redirected to that video.

15 Pansy Pop

I was a little hesitant to pop this shade on my cheeks when I first got it. It’s purple… But much to my surprise, this is actually a very friendly shade. And by friendly, I mean that it looks amazing on both fair and darker skin tones.


The shade leans more towards the cooler end of the spectrum, which I think is an interesting twist to the common bronzed-beach-bum look I myself am guilty of always going for. A cool pop of colour on the cheeks is a great way to make you look chic, especially when it’s paired with a clean makeup look (think Karima McKimmie from Shameless Fripperies).

These blushers are great to have in your makeup bag because they don't shatter easily. But with that in mind, please don't go throwing them on the ground on purpose just because I said that. I've been using them for close to 2 months now and I've hardly made a dent, so YEAYY for you cheapskates out there! A great value for money since you won't go through them so quickly. Thumbs up for Clinique for keeping us cheapeedees in mind when manufacturing these blushers!

Price point wise, I think it's reasonable for the amount and quality you're getting. Only RM83 a pop! This is turning into an infomercial really quick so I better stop now haha!

Your cheeks are a great place to start when planning your makeup look for the day or night. Give it a try the next time you're caking up for an event!

Till next time, babies!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Late to the game as always, I am about to get this color (Pansy Pop) and want to thank you for your helpful review. It really tipped the balance for me. Peace, Mari

    ReplyDelete