Here Comes The Sun

Monday 14 November 2016

I’ll be honest with you. I’ve never been that into sunblock until about a year ago. I was one of those girls who thought tanning was a good idea. I’ve even excused myself from the dinner table a couple of times back when I was still studying in Ohio, to go to a tanning salon… Not very Malaysian of me but yes, that’s how little sunblock meant to me. And if you’re wondering why at a dinner table, it was because this Chinese restaurant that we used to go to had a tanning salon next door... How convenient… Yaaasss this szechuan chicken is going to look so good with my new Southern Princess Extreme Bronze 296XXX Ultimate tan.

Don’t get me wrong though. I still do think a tan looks amazing on everyone but if you could see yourself 10 years from now, you would probably cut down on the baking time too. And I’m not just talking about the time you spend in tanning beds but also the time you spend outdoors. Whether it’s jogging or running errands, be sure to take the extra step in your beauty regimen and slap on that SPF all overrrr your face and body. Turn on your favourite playlist and dance until your face and body is no longer sticky. You’d be surprised to know how many times people have walked in on me doing this. It's like a dance scene from the movie Honey but not really.

I do have a few favourites that I would like to mention not because I was paid to but because they have been kind to my skin. Kind in this context means no monstrous pimples appearing out of thin air.

If you haven’t tried any of the sunblocks from Clinique, you’re missing out. The one that I have been using for close to 4 months now is from the Even Better range.


Clinique Even Better City Block Anti-Pollution SPF 40/PA+++

I find it quite gimmicky that it claims to be formulated for "Asian skins". What does that even meaaaan? But of course I bought into it and guess what, no rugrats 😎 . Asian skin or not, I have seen vast improvements with my existing acne scars ever since I started using this sunblock. 

sunblock prevents sunburn = scars are protected = less darkening = maybe fades them a little if you're super careful 

This could just be one of the many benefits of using any sunblock diligently, but this one in particular has not broken me out or leave me smelling like I'm about to swim with the dolphins. So that's an A+ in my book. Oh and did I mention it has a slight tint?!?! Doesn't matter because I'm still too ugly and dependent on my foundation to even think of going au naturel with my makeup heh.

If you're into that Korean dewy goodness, which I am but not necessarily able to pull off  sometimes because it is humid here in Malaysia and we are all getting our glow from Mother Nature herself, this one is good for those drier and duller days. 


Laneige White Plus Renew Tone Up Corrector SPF 40/PA+++

I noticed with this one, my skin looks brighter instantly. Not because it's magic but because it has a slight pink tint to it, which gives you a glow, hideous or not, this product does not discriminate. 

This is a good pick-me-up product that I personally enjoy using before heading out for a quick jog. As much as I want to keep my face bare when I'm exercising, I do exercise outdoors most of the time and that means I'm exposed to the sun. Therefore, sunblock is not an option but a necessity to me when I'm smashing my guns. Wut.



These are the two sunblocks swatched on the back of my hand. I'm hoping that it'll give you somewhat of an idea of what the consistency is like. If not, then I hope you guys have a hand fetish.
  • Clinique definitely feels more like makeup on the skin as it has a thicker consistency compared to to Laneige.
  • Clinique has yellow undertones that can help even out the skin as well as correct any mild redness on the face.
  • Laneige has pink undertones that can brighten the skin.
Now that my secret (yah, because I invented sunblock) is out, all you vampires can come out and play!

Till my next entry!

Go wreck someone's home! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. which one would you recommend more for daily usage and all around worth it product for students? ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for Clinique if you're looking for a daily all-in-one product. It doesn't provide you any coverage but the pale yellow tint does even out your skin tone. Great for students who are always in a rush and under a budget.

      Delete